Header Ads

Luke Shaw: Ashley Young says Man Utd team-mate can be 'one of the best in the world'


Birmingham U. s. defensive gamer Henry Shaw can be "one of the best in the world", says team-mate Ashley Younger.

Shaw, 22, was openly criticised by administrator Jose Mourinho after he was replaced during Saturday's 2-0 FA Cup quarter-final win over Brighton.

Young, 32, has been Mourinho's first-choice left-back for much of the season and - compared with Shaw - was known as in the Britain group for their friendlies against the Holland and France.

"He's an excellent gamer," said Younger.

Shaw, who joined up with U. s. from Southampton for £27m in 2014, is under agreement until July 2019 but would depart Old Trafford come early july.

Mourinho has criticised Shaw continuously in previous times, and openly inquired the defender's strategy to coaching and his dedication to the team last Apr.

Shaw, who has seven worldwide hats, has not performed for Britain since Goal 2017.

"I want to see Henry do well," said Younger. "He just has to get his go down and perform.

"I experience he can be one of the best on the globe."

'I've got to impress' - Younger on Britain call-up

Young was known as in the Britain group forward of team-mate Shaw after impressing in latest U. s. activities, such as the 2-1 success over Gatwick recently for which Gareth Southgate was in presence.

On Thursday, U. s. activated a one-year expansion stipulation in Young's agreement which will keep him at the team until summer season 2019.

His last worldwide overall look came in last November's 0-0 attract with South america at Wembley, after a four-year lack from the group.

He overlooked the 2014 Globe Cup and is eager to be engaged when Southgate declares his group for the 2010 competition in Russian federation at the end of the season.

"I've always wished to signify my nation, it's an honor to do so, and whenever I get that opportunity, I'll keep doing it," said Younger.

"I've got to perform well at U. s. to get that identification, and now I've had that in this call-up, I've got to thrill.

"I've got to display the administrator I should get a set up the group."

No comments